When you install program on a Windows-based computer, you may receive some error messages depending on a specific system. To avoid these errors, please do the following:
1) If your installation file has *.EXE extension then start to install the program. If it has *.MSI extension, go to pt.4 .
2) When the error occurs do not close error message
3) Go to “C:|Users|<username>|AppData|Local|Temp” and find MSI installation file of the program. It will be located inside one of subfolders with GUID name like
4) Copy MSI installation file of program to the root directory C:
5) Rename the file to “install.msi”
6) Open Start Programs – Accessories – right click on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator”, or type in windows search cmd. In command line type: cd / (press Enter) to get to the root C:>
7) Run command:
msiexec /i install.msi /l*vx log.txt
Installation will start and create log file. Please complete install wizard. If installation process fails this way please send “log.txt” file to our support team. You will find it in the root directory C: next to the installation file of the program.
While you wait for answer from support team, you can try to troubleshoot this issue by yourself – open log.txt file with any text editor and search for entry “value 3” (please note that log language depends on your system language – so its “value 3” in English but for example in French log its “valeur 3″). This entry indicates the end of installation process log and right before this entry you will be able to find the cause of unsuccessful installation with error codes/names. Then you can find solution for most common errors in this article.
Alignment Tool, Backup & Recovery, Disk Wiper, Drive Copy, Hard Disk Manager, HFS+ for Windows, HowTos: Paragon, HowTos: Windows, Know how: Paragon, Know how: Windows, KnowHow: Installation, Migrate OS to SSD, Partition Manager
Tags: general, howto, installation, logs, msi, windows