You start up Camptune and it keeps scanning for a Boot Camp configuration indefinitely.
This can happen for several reasons. This article lists the most typical issues. Check if any apply.
- Launching Camptune from .dmg file. Camptune have to be launched from “Applications” folder in order to get proper permissions.
- Old build of Camptune. This used to happen in older versions of Camptune, but has been fixed for the newer versions. Make sure to upgrade your program.
- Lack of free space on one or both partitions. If either your Windows or your OS X partition is filled up, try freeing up a few gigabytes of space before launching Camptune. Recommended free space amount is not less than 10% of overall partition capacity.
- Lack of authorisation. When launching Camptune, it asks for the user password to allow administrative changes. If you cancel this request, the program remains on the scanning stage indefinitely. In this case, relaunch the program and enter the password when prompted.
- Logical errors on the disk. This may happen due to errors in filesystem or partitioning data. It’s recommended to repair the drive with the Disk Utility. Follow this article: How to repair Mac OS X and Bootcamp partitions.
Tags: bootcamp, issue, mac, windows