Things you should know
- What is Serial Number?
Serial Number (also known as Activation Key) is a set of characters, specially designed for product activation. You receive your Serial Number after purchasing software license. It’s not your computer or hard drive’s SN.
- What is Activation?
The activation is a process, when a valid user license is connected to a product, thus unlocking product features.
- Why should I activate NTFS for Mac?
NTFS for Mac is coming as a fully functional 10-day trial version. Once this period is over, you won’t be able to use the product until it is activated.
- How can I activate NTFS for Mac?
The activation should be done through the Internet directly from the app. There are two options: one with login to the new “MyParagon” (recommended) and one without. In case something is wrong with your internet connection or you don’t have one (for example for security reasons) – you can use offline activation. But first you need a serial number (available in purchased license information). If you don’t have it, then in order to get one, go to Applications > System Preferences > NTFS for Mac OS X, then click Buy.
- Why is it more preferable to activate an app through MyParagon?
Without the Paragon User Account you can’t release your serial number (activation key) from the hardware, to be able to re-activate your app in a new OS, or on a completely different computer by yourself. The registration in MyParagon also enables to issue support tickets directly from your application with a registered account. You will also benefit from free upgrades and special upgrade offers.
- How can I activate NTFS for Mac when my system is offline?
You will need a license file, which can be generated in your “MyParagon” account (you’ll need a serial number and your system’s GUID for this) and then you can activate the software using this license file. Details will be covered in this article.
- What info is sent during activation? Is it confidential?
All data transferred during the activation is encrypted, to eliminatine any chance of unauthorized access. We do send the following data:
- GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier) of your computer
- Product name and version
- Product serial number
- License type
- What is Release of Serial Number?
The release of a serial number (activation key) is a process, when an application is disconnected from a valid user license. It’s performed when it’s needed to use the after hardware replacement or OS upgrade, or on a completely different computer.
- Does the release of the serial number equal to the deinstallation?
No. the deinstallation of an activated application on one system does not help to use it on another.
- How can I release serial sumber?
You can do this either by pressing Release License link in your MyParagon account or you can contact our support team or our customer service and we will help you.
- Changed hardware or OS before releasing serial number?
Same as above – either release license by yourself or contact support team.
- What happens when my license has expired?
All the product features are locked until it is activated again.
- What happens when my “Release Count” is 0?
Contact us to provide some details on your actions prior to this problem. Most likely we will re-activate your release count.
- I cannot log in to MyParagon
The login page for the “MyParagon” account is located at http://my.paragon-software.com/. Have you received an email with activation the info? Have you clicked on the activation link and set a new password? Still can’t sign in?
- Retype your email and password. Please make sure, that Caps Lock and Num Lock are off.
- Enable cookies in your browser; clear your browser’s cookies and cache.
- Try a different browser.
- I have not received an email from Paragon Software as promised.
First, please check your Junk or SPAM folder. If it’s not there, contact our customer service.
General, NTFS for Mac OS X
Tags: activation, NTFS for Mac 14