Paragon Support Team might request full memory dump to investigate application crash issues.
Please launch Paragon software and after it freezes or error message appears – please press CTRL+Alt+Del select Task Manager (or right-click windows logo in left bottom corner of screen and select task manager) – right click Paragon process and select collect dump. You will see dump location in dialogue window.
After you collected dump proceed to dump upload
If you can’t see Paragon process in Task Manager or program crashes without error instantly, then:
- Open the Windows registry editor: Hit Win-R and type in regedit
- Navigate to following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting
- Locate LocalDumps entry, If it does not exist – create it (right-click ->New->Key->LocalDumps)
- In this key, add the following values:
- Create STRING value DumpFolder
- Create folder at your Desktop (DumpFolder) then open this folder and copy path to this folder
- Add content to DumpFolder value by pressing modify and pasting path to dump folder
- Create DWORD32 value DumpCount – assign 10 (decimal) to it;
- Create DWORD32 value DumpType – assign 2 (decimal) to it;
- Create DWORD32 value CustomDumpFlags with 0 (decimal) in it;
- Check that everything looks like in example below (only thing that can be different is user name in path to folder).
- Restart your PC to apply changes and launch Paragon software after restart.
- Now if application crashed – dump file will be collected automatically and stored in dump folder at your desktop.
After you collected Dump file, please upload it to our ftp server by following this instructions:
Add the files to zip archive (use tools like 7-zip: http://www.7-zip.org/)
Rename the archive to “Customers request number.zip”
Right click on Computer – Add a network location
Enter the following information: ftp://zero:firstname.lastname@example.org
Drag-and-drop the archive into the folder window.
Backup & Recovery, Disk Wiper, Drive Copy, Hard Disk Manager, HFS+ for Windows, HowTos, HowTos: Paragon, HowTos: Windows, Know how: Paragon, Know how: Windows, KnowHow, Migrate OS to SSD, Partition Manager, Products for Windows
Tags: application crash, crash, dump