As you already know with EL Capitan OS release, Paragon introduced new version of NTFS for Mac with full El Capitan support.
However, this new NTFS for Mac 14 version differs in usage compared to previous versions of Paragon file system driver because in El Capitan apple changed their Disk Utility in a way that NTFS for Mac cannot fuse with it and you cannot see Volumes, mounted with third party drivers in new Disk Utility. Due to this restriction, we implemented functions like mount/unmount, format (Erase), verify and setting volume as startup through Paragon NTFS for Mac 14 GUI.
To access these functions:
– Open NTFS for Mac 14 (System Preferences – NTFS for Mac OS X)
– Select Volumes tab
– In this Window you can see all volumes detected by your Mac
– When volume is mounted with Paragon NTFS for Mac driver it has green circle indicator near it (New Volume, Bootcamp) on above screenshot. NTFS Volumes mounted with other drivers are listed under “Others” (Untitled)
– You can unmount/mount volumes by selecting a volume from the list and pressing “Unmount/Mount” button
– You can set volume as startup (for example Bootcamp if you want to boot with Windows environment) by selecting a volume and pressing “Set as startup” button
– You can verify volumes (check for file system errors) with “Verify” button.
– If you need to format your volume to NTFS, then select a volume from the list and press “Erase(Format)” button
Then select Windows NT file system
– If you want to mount volume with stock apple driver just check “Disable Paragon NTFS for Mac”
And then unmount/mount volume – it should mount with stock apple driver.