Error message: RMB2_RESULT_DISK_CHANGE_LAYOUT_ERROR = 0x3F,
Possible root causes:
- The volume has errors or bad blocks.
- Some configuration or .dll files in program directory are corrupted or missing.
- Program files, folders or system resources are blocked.
- Device file system is locked by another process and can’t be handled.
How to troubleshoot for HDM:
- Run RMB with administrator permissions.
- Reinstall the RMB to the folder with admins permissions.
- Format USB flash to FAT32.
- Mount device volume to another letter.
- Disable Antivirus and other software protection.
- Make sure no software uses the USB flash. Usually problem could be caused by monitoring and scanning software.
- Check if you have necessary readwrite permissions to access the device.
- Non-standard USB sticks, for example so called Udisks which require special drivers. Solution: Use standards compliant USB medium.
- Other USB chips with own drivers (USBest, usb2flashstorage) cannot be used as well. Solution: Use standards compliant USB medium.
- A USB medium is formatted in GPT style. Solution: Convert medium to MBR, remove probably existing partition(s).
- Customer: The matter has resolved itself. Medium was damaged. Two others worked seamlessly. Solution: Use undamaged USB medium.
- A partition starting on physical sector 0 is already existing. The first partition should start on sector 2000 or at least 63 to allow enough space for the MBR (Master Boot Record) before the first partition. Without an MBR the drive cannot be set bootable. Solution: Remove existing partition(s).
RMB: RMB errors
Tags: RMB error