1. Boot your computer to the Windows 7 DVD (or to a “Repair CD”). At this screen choose to install now.
2. Select your language and click next.
3. Click the button for “Use recovery tools”.
4. Then select “Command Prompt”.
5. When open, the command prompt will look like this:
6. The command we will use, bootsect.exe, is in a folder (named boot) on the DVD.We need to know what drive letter has been assigned the DVD drive to access the folder.
Type: diskpart and press Enter Type: select disk 0 (zero) and press Enter type: list volume and press Enter
In this screen shot, the 7 DVD is letter: G
7. Use your DVD drive letter and
Type: exit and press Enter to close Diskpart Type: G: (use the letter of your DVD drive) and press Enter Type: cd boot and press Enter Type: dir and press Enter
to verify that bootcect.exe is there (if you really need to)
8. To restore the “bootsector code”:
TYPE: bootsect /nt60 SYS /mbr and press Enter
NOTE!: If this method fails to restore the MBR, you can try the bootrec command as it is also a tool for repairing the MBR.
9. When completed successfully,
Type: exit and press Enter
This will close the command prompt window.
10. Now select Shut Down or Restart
11. Then you can reboot your computer into Windows.