Error message: RMB2_CANT_OPEN_DEVICE = 0x36,
These problems usually appear when device is locked or not suitable for operation.
Possible root causes:
- Device file system is locked by another process and can’t be handled.
- Device can’t be mounted – can’t assign drive letter or unmounted – locked.
- Device is not suitable for RMB recovery media.
How to troubleshoot for HDM:
- Format USB flash to FAT32.
- Mount device volume to another letter.
- Disable Antivirus and other software protection.
- Make sure no software uses the USB flash. Usually problem could be caused by monitoring and scanning software.
- Check if you have necessary readwrite permissions to access the device.
- Run RMB from express mode.
RMB: RMB errors
Tags: RMB error