To back up required files or folders and then place the resulted image to a local mounted/unmounted drive, please do the following:
1. Click the Smart Backup item of the Wizards menu.
2. On the Wizard’s Welcome page, click the Next button.
3. On the What to back up page, first take a look at the ready-made backup templates. If none of the options meets you needs (just our case), then select Other Files and Folders to create a file-based backup of certain data.
4. On the What folders and files to back up page you can see a list of all partitions (both mounted and unmounted) available in the system. Mark a checkbox opposite a file, folder or even a whole partition to build up contents of the future backup image.
5. On the Backup Destination page, select a local mounted/unmounted (without drive letter assigned) disk as a backup destination.
6. Edit the archive name if necessary.
7. Specify include masks. The program includes a lot of ready-made filters to effectively control contents of your backup images.
You can also create your own filter by clicking the Add category… button.
– Name. Give to the filter any name you like, but try to use an informative one;
– Filter. Press the Browse button to select files or folders you would like to be included or specify a filter mask by using * or ? wildcards;
– Description. Add a short description to the filter not to miss it up later.
Click the OK button and you will get a new item on the list of filters. By marking/unmarking a checkbox opposite its name you can choose whether to use it or not.
8. Specify exclude masks. The program includes a lot of ready-made filters to effectively control contents of your
10. To prevent unauthorized access to your personal data, we strongly recommend you to password protect your backup.
11. On the Backup Summary page review all parameters of the operation and modify them if necessary. Click the Next button to start the backup process.